Youth Curriculum Specialist & Certified Teacher
We are immediately seeking a FT youth curriculum specialist and certified teacher who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's research-based curricula to include curricula assessment, curricula development and implementation, program evaluation, and designing new single-gender programs for girls in grades K-12 that are in alignment with the organization's strategic plan and goals, our national organization's priorities, and Common Core standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Courseware evaluation, 2) Courseware design, 3) Ensuring both quantitative and qualitative measurements are included in all courseware, 4) New program/courseware design that are aligned with the Girls Inc. National Identity Programs and Initiatives, 5)Supports the development of short and long-term program goals for the organization, 6) Creates curriculum themes and schedules for all year-round programming, 7) rains program staff on all Girls Inc. programs, 8) Evaluates program/curriculum effectiveness, 9) Ensures all programs are in compliance with all grant requirements, and 10) Facilitates programs as necessary.
Minimum qualifications include: 1) A bachelor's degree in education, courseware/program design and evaluation or other relevant field, 2) Must hold a valid and current state of Florida teaching certificate for grades K-12, 3) Should be very knowledgeable in Common Core standards, 4) Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of courseware development, implementation and evaluation, and 5) 3 years of teaching youth. The candidate must be organized, flexible, a team player, an excellent communicator both verbal and written, and should be committed to Positive Youth Development girls’ and womens’ issues.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Send cover letter, resume, and a sample of curricula you have developed to: Dr. Robin Rose, CEO, RoseR@girlsincjax.org and Lavender Morrison, Director of Programs, MorrisonL@girlsincjax.org.
After school Facilitator
Girls Inc of Jacksonville is looking to hire After-school Program Facilitators ASAP. If you know anyone who is looking for a part-time position please forward this information to them. Please review information below.
- Facilitators work 20 hours per week between the hours of 2:45-6 M-F and 1-6 every other Wednesday. ( Including 1 training every quarter from 9-2pm)
- Applicants must have 2-3 years’ experience working or volunteering in the area of youth development, education, or related field, be passionate about the work that we do, and must be able to pass background checks.
- Must also be reliable and able to work the entire school year. Our girls get attached to their facilitators and it is difficult for them when they are changed in the middle of the school year.
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills
- High-energy, caring, self-starter, innovative
- Demonstrated commitment to girls’ development and opportunities
- High level of competency in cultural diversity
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver license and insurance
- Implement programming for girls according to Girls Inc. standards
- Coordinate and enhance existing research-based curricula used by Girls Inc. to best meet the needs of the program participants
- Collaborate with the Program Managers and Director of K-8th Grade Programming to meet other objectives as needed
- Support the goals and objectives of the organization
WORK LOCATION: Biscayne, Fort Caroline, Parkwood Heights, and Spring Park Elementary (Will be assigned to one of these schools for the year)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Please send your resumes to: Ebony Williams at email@example.com to be considered for the positions needed. Please visit our website at www.girlsincjax.org for more information about our organization. Thank You!